Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:34:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Gerard Roudier <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sym troubles

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Gerard Roudier wrote:

>I suggest you the following magic command that should avoid the offending
>CHECK CONDITION and should allow the driver to negotiate SYNC=3D20MHz on=
=20
>the normal INQUIRY command and prove us it did so as expected:
>
>                ********************************
>                * camcontrol inquiry cd1 -D -R *
>                ********************************
>
>I expect this one to finally tell us the truth. Answer should resemble the
>following as you know:
>
>pass1: <PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-40TW 1.01> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-2 device=20
>pass1: 40.000MB/s transfers  (16bit) + some BLAH BLAH BLAH
>
>  G=E9rard.

True! :)  Does this mean it is operating properly a) without
special prodding b) only with prodding c) never?
I'm just curious if any of this would bring down the bus speed when
accessing the cdrom if I had any UW hd's on the bus for example, or if it
is purely a cosmetic issue.  Also wondering why ncr0 works fine with it :P

sapphire:~ % camcontrol inquiry cd1 -D -R=20
pass1: <PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-40TW 1.01> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-2 device=20
pass1: 40.000MB/s transfers (20.000MHz, offset 15, 16bit)
sapphire:~ % camcontrol inquiry cd1=20
pass1: <PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-40TW 1.01> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-2 device=20
pass1: 6.600MB/s transfers  (16bit)