Date:      Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:49:25 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update for sparc64?

Royce Williams wrote:
> I read in the Jan-Mar 2005 Status Report that Colin Percival intends to
> bring freebsd-update and portsnap into the base system.
>
> I assume that all the Tier 1 platforms would automatically inherit
> anything like this.

Assuming there is build hardware available, yes.

>  Does anyone know the status/plan for sparc64,
> who's working on it besides Colin (if anyone), and the timeline?

I'm the only person working on this; currently "get freebsd update building
running for non-i386" is stalled waiting for "rewrite freebsd update building
code to remove the ugly hacks needed for pre-6.0", which is stalled waiting
both for me to have more free time and for some new hardware to become available
(I hear that it's on the way).

I was expecting to get some work done on this over the summer, but I ended up
spending most of that time working on portsnap instead.

Colin Percival