Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 18:20:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        phk@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: <sys/kernel.h> and MAKE_SET

> Isn't it wrong to have MAKE_SET() in <sys/kernel.h> ?  What if you want
> to use it from userland ?

Yes, it should be in a sys include file #include'd by kernel.h

One thing to think about is how GCC handles symbol aggregation
like this on non-Intel platforms... it may need to be more abstract
than it is if you want a general soloution which could find its way
into a non-sys include file (and therefore find itself maintained
by the GCC people instead of the FreeBSD people, among other
benefits...).

> Is the right solution to have a #ifdef KERNEL section of <sys/kernel.h>
> or is it better to move MAKE_SET() and friends to another header, and
> in such case, which ?

lset.h?  symset.h?  linkset.h?  Something that will (unfortunately)
fit on on 8.3 DOS box...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---