Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:32:53 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about serial connections via nullmodem

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:50:33AM -0800, Marisa wrote:
> Hello!
>=20
> I have a FreeBSD3.2 PC connected to a LAN network. I
> would like to connect my Win98 notebok to it via a
> serial null modem connection in order to have access
> to the Lan network.
>=20
> I would like to do this with pppd command; I have been
> trying to do it but without result.
>=20
> It's possible to do so? And how should I do this?
> I have readen in the Freebsd handbook something about
> it, but it said something about "kermit" and it seemed
> to be configurations file to a modem dial-up call,
> isn't it?
>=20
> Thx in advance for your answer ;)
>=20
> Marisa

Using SLIP would probably be more simple than PPP over a null modem
cable.  Take a look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/slip.html

Nathan

--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1--