Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:21:59 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?B?Qm9yaXMgS/ZzdGVy?= <koester@x-itec.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.3 trouble on laptop make world

Hello freebsd-questions,

I have a sony laptop pcg-fx101 (celeron 600, 64mb ram) and I have updated the kernel sources
and so on today as of 28082001

after make world .. and updated kernel.. changed nothing on the
GENERIC template.. the laptop won´t boot with my kernel.

It just works with the orignal kernel (GENERIC), not with my one
compiled today.

The laptop has softupdates filesystem enabled.

the boot procedure comes until the /sbin/init, but this process is
halting the laptop and its not executed.

There are other things not working, too. I have to bring up the pcmcia
network-card manually after booting (ifconfig, ...).

Any ideas about the kernel failure?

--
Boris