Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:27:51 +0100
From:      Karl Oulmi <karl.oulmi@ibl.fr>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New port request

Hi,

I'm trying to install an http proxy antivirus gateway in my University. Up
to now, there is no OpenSource project that can does it.

I want to use Squid with DansGuardian and Clam Antivirus to build my
gateway. I found an Antivirus plugin for DansGuadian that works well but
only on RedHat. (cf : http://www.pcxperience.org/dgvirus/).

The source code is available on the site, i tried to compile it on my
FreeBSD box (4.8, 4.9, 5.1 and 5.2rc2) but in vain...

I submitted my problem on numerous group list but nobody succeeded in
running this plugin on a FreeBSD box.

I think, it should be a very good idea if someone could pout this plugin on
FreeBSD, because, as I know, it will be the first antivirus gateway
architecture using only OpenSouce software. Thereis a real need in my
University and in France in general.

Many Thanks
KARL :)