Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 17:28:05 +1000
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: URGENT:  Printing an X11 screen.  How?

On Fri, May 16, 1997 at 08:13:35AM +0200, J Wunsch wrote:
>As Simon Shapiro wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time there used to be an wwd-xwud-xpr and somethingtopbm that
>> could print an X window or a portion thereof.
>
>I think Xprt is for you, but:
>
>j@uriah 65% Xprt
>Fatal server error:
>Server is already active for display 0
>        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
>        and start again.
>
>j@uriah 66% man Xprt
>No manual entry for Xprt
>
>...i never figured out how to use it.

It is an X server, so you have to start it as a display which doesn't
clash with other servers you have running.  Try 'Xprt :1'.

It has drivers for PostScript and PCL, but I don't know how to make use
of it though.  There is a client-side library in R6.3 for the XPRINT
extension, but no sample clients (I think CDE makes use of it).

David