Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 19:35:48 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with the pan newsreader port

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 05:13:03PM -0500, Ade Lovett wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:50:02PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. I d/l your patch, applied it and built 0.8b7, but it still
> > displays the same errors :(

Well, I've got one of the problems fixed :) pan only starting at the
second attempt, after the first one dies with SIGUSR1, is fixed by
using the ``--disable-sound'' option.

I discovered that by chance after it refused to start whilst xmms was
running, complaining that /dev/dsp was busy; --disable-sound fixed
both problems.

Still won't expire messages. I subscribe to the pan-users mailing list
and posted a question there, but haven't had any replies :(

--
        ...and on the eighth day God created UNIX