Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:50:29 +0000
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   syscons

I'm trying to figure out what to stick in the kernel config file, for
syscons, which I would like to have working for sparc64.  I have been
looking into NOTES, and it's got something called NODEVICE, and a buch
of things that are listed as NODEVICE very much surprise me, such as the
atkbd and atkbdc, also something called ukbd.

I have looked in the notes for the sparc64 port, there isn't even any
mention of syscons, but it's not in GENERIC (why not?).  I obviously
have a lot to change, so I[m asking if anyone has syscons and virtual
ttys workingon the sparc64, what' syour config file look like?

I have determined that I should be using the vgafb driver, whic
apparently has no DEVICE line at all, and no ws* line either.

I really need to look at a config file of someone who has syscons
running on sparc64.

Other archs, don't bother, your info isn't germane to this discussion.