Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:23:42 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        "Dave Atkins" <dave@atkinshome.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: small /var partition; how do I prevent log file overflow?

The log files are rotated through newsyslog.  Read through and edit
/etc/newsyslog.conf so that the log files are rotated in the order and
levels YOU want.

I might also suggest relocating /var to another slice, for example,
/usr/var and leaving a symbolic link at the root,  /var --->
/usr/var.  This way you get additional space available to var.

Oscar