Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:26:01 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        soheil soheil <soheil_hh@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Packet Capturing on GWs but don't let them go out.

--924gEkU1VlJlwnwX

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 07:24:54PM +0000, soheil soheil wrote:
> Hi
> I want to do packet capturing but as you know the pcap let the packet go=
=20
> out and just put a copy on the buffer .
> I just want to do a copy and don't let them go out .
> just i want that all of the packet from the sockets that are created by m=
e=20
> travels through my server
>=20
> Packet -----   /* i don't want it to be forwarded */   |------> out
>            |----> buffer ---> my process --------send--
>=20
> I want to do a transparent third party traffic

There are two ways I can think of to do what you want: either use ipfw's
'divert' capability to, well, divert all incoming packets to a specially
crafted socket and have a userland program examine them, modify them,
and send them back out if necessary, much as natd(8) does it, or write a
kernel module using the netgraph(4) interface to capture packets coming
in on a network interface, analyze them, modify them, and, if necessary,
reinject them.  I personally would do it the Netgraph way, using a setup
much like the one in the ng_ether(4) example section, but substituting
my own module in place of the ng_tee node, so it does not
unconditionally pass the packets, but analyze them first.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
=2Esiht ekil ti gnidaer eb d'uoy ,werbeH ni erew ecnetnes siht fI

--924gEkU1VlJlwnwX

--924gEkU1VlJlwnwX--