Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:33:43 -0500
From:      josh <josh@lucratec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kmem_map too small

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ83.html#83

On this url in order to avoid this PANIC addressed in my subject, I
upped my NMBCLUSTERS to '25000'

Yes, 25,000.  On a machine with 1 gig of ram.

Using netstat -m I see this:

4747 mbufs in use:
        3174 mbufs allocated to data
        1563 mbufs allocated to packet headers
        7 mbufs allocated to protocol control blocks
        3 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
3083/3640 mbuf clusters in use
7873 Kbytes allocated to network (85% in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

Usually, 99% is in use, and then my system panics and reboots itself.

What the hell do I need to set my nmbclusters to have enough mbuf
clusters?

100,000 nmb clusters????