Date:      11 Sep 2004 16:38:38 -0000
From:      vladimir@math.uic.edu
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Matrox card problem with x.org

I have an old MGA 1064SG [Mystique] card, and ran into strange screen
redraw problems that I didn't have with XFree86-4.3.
I've placed X log at
http://www.math.uic.edu/~vladimir/Xorg.0.log
and the screen dump at
http://www.math.uic.edu/~vladimir/screendump.jpg

Have a look at the small xterm window on the left hand
side of the screen.  It has parts of the bigger background
window visible on it after being moved around a couple of
times.

Scrolling in mozilla won't work well either: the text becomes
distored, with parts of mozilla window still showing
what was on it before scrolling.

The window manager is fvwm, but I can reproduce the same
problem with twm as well.

Any ideas?   The problems go away if I enable ShadowFB
in X config file (http://www.math.uic.edu/~vladimir/xorg.conf).
Many thanks,
--
Vladimir

FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #6: Tue Sep  7 14:17:27 CDT 2004