Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:01:24 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: Solaris Jumpstart from FreeBSD

Am 15.02.2004 um 19:46 schrieb John-Mark Gurney:

> Stefan Bethke wrote this message on Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 17:57 +0100:
>> One problem that I did need to solve: extract the data from a install
>> cd image.
>
> are you sure this is needed anymore?  since phk put the cd drivers
> under geom, you should be able to see the partitions on the label if
> you have the geom_sunlabel module loaded...

I had the problem a couple of months back, and all the servers I had
available at the time were -stable.  Also note: I did not have physical
access to any CD drive, so I needed to get the necessary stuff out of
the image.  If GEOM now allows one to mdconfig the image, and the
partitions are picked up automatically, all the better.

A colleague of mine is currently setting up a -stable based JumpStart
server; I'll try to get him to post his experiences here...

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140