Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:35:58 +0300
From:      Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@casselton.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zoneminder and multichannel cards

=CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 =CE=A0=CE=AD=CE=BC=CF=80=CF=84=CE=B7 11 =CE=9F=CE=
=BA=CF=84=CF=8E=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=B9=CE=BF=CF=82 2007 16:16, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 Mar=
k Tinguely =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:
> >  Just a question, in context with our previous discussions.
> >  I managed to capture video from more than 1 camera, in zoneminder.
> >  I'd like to ask, whats the theoritical max fps for each of 4 cameras
> > using the bktr driver in its FreeBSD-6.2 state?
> >  In my code, with METEOR_CAP_CONTINOUS (single camera) it can do
> >
> >  (as ZM reports) 25 fps (which AFAIK is good), whereas with all 4 camer=
as
> >  and by using METEOR_CAP_SINGLE, the fps drop down to 2.5 fps/camera.
>
> You are getting 25fps (PAL/SECAM?) with free-running captures, and 10 fps
> when your capture switches and single captures. That sounds about right.
> I don't know the input switching speed. Also, the video inputs of the
> different cameras are not going to aligned to each other and also not
> aligned to the program that calls the METEOR_CAP_SINGLE. I would expect
> that every capture will have to wait for the start of a new video frame.

I tried yesterday with the "official" slax based linux live CD that=20
LinuxMediaLabs provides, and i got worse results.
I got about total 8 fps (PAL) with all 4 inputs active.
As a result, i got even worse image quality than with the FreeBSD/bktr code.
Amazing!

> --Mark.

=2D-=20
Achilleas Mantzios