Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:31:31 -0400
From:      Dennis Rockwell <dennis@bbn.com>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        "Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>, ahd@kew.com, andrew@python.shoal.net.au, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HOTMAIL.COM, JUNO.COM, etc....

On 30 Jul, spork wrote:

> The thing that confuses me about the ton of spam I get from at&t,
> earthlink, etc. is the fact that with all the resources these people have,
> they cannot hack sendmail in such a way that it refuses to accept more
> than "x" number of messages in "x" number of minutes from one dialup
> node...

It's probably not lots of messages, it's one message with
lots of recipients.  The addresses are in the envelope, not
in the message, so they're just "RCPT TO:<>" lines in the
conversation.

Dennis Rockwell                 dennis@bbn.com
Bolt Beranek & Newman
Systems & Technologies          +1-617-873-5745
Cambridge, MA                   +1-617-873-6091 (Fax)