Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:22:03 +0000
From:      John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        Peter van Eck <pveck@bru-hub.dhl.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86Config.

Peter van Eck <pveck@bru-hub.dhl.com> wrote:

>I'm still having toruble to get my X window system to run properly.
>It loads the X server succesfull but the display is isshowing 3 Vertical
>stripes thru the Desktop.
>The frequencies seem OK , but it is like the desktop is split up in 3.
>USing an HP Ultra VGA 15 inch Monitior + a S3 Trio32/64 videocard .
>XFree86 4.2.0
>
>Anyone a suggestion for me to check/change ?

>Section "Monitor"
>	Identifier   "Monitor0"
>	HorizSync    30.0 - 86.0
>	VertRefresh  50.0 - 130.0
>EndSection

I think your monitor would not be able to cope with those ranges.
The HP Ultra VGA 17 seems to be limited to 30-64 Khz / 50-90 Hz.
The 15 inch is probably the same.  The effect you're seeing is
probably the result of the Horiz. frequency being way too high.

If reducing those ranges doesn't help, you could try it without
the 3dfx accelerator card.

John.