Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:19:32 -0500
From:      Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No panics on the bento cluster!

[2002-12-30 18:53] Kris Kennaway said:
| I just wanted to share the good news that since updating to matt's
| vmspace fix (over a week ago), there have been no panics on the bento
| cluster (21 machines of 3 architectures running 5.0-RC, under constant
| heavy load, and despite the close proximity of Peter Wemm in the
| datacenter for a few hours).  This is quite unusual, and it means that
| either 5.0 is shaping up well for the release, or the whole house of
| cards is about to come crashing down :-)

Speaking of bento...

  I noticed that a nice artifact of the bento ports test/build system
are the fresh port packages.  Is it acceptable to use that machine
(http://bento.freebsd.org) as PACKAGESITE for pkg_add?  I've done it
a few times, but don't want to (ab)use it if the packages are not
there for general package installation use.

thanks.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman