Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:24:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Lum <g_lum@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird stuff after moving to a new MB

Hello everyone,
  I'm hoping that someone might be able to give me
some ideas on what to check to rule out a flakey MB.

  I had FreeBSD 5.1 installed on an older Dual 440BX
motherboard which was current with CVS.  I replaced
the board with a 440GX dual. Basically, I took the HD
out of the old system and put into the new since the
boards are pretty similar.The system is working but
there seems to be some quirks such as the Onboard NIC
will not pick up a connection( IT is recognized by the
System and uses the same driver (FXP)) and the floppy
drive will not read a floppy at anytime (At boot too).
I've rebuilt world and kernel and still have the same
problems.
  I'm also noticing now that after reconfiguring X, my
mouse is chunky. To be honest, it's chunky in the
mouse setup in /stand/sysinstall too.

I'm leaning towards a flakey board but have to admit
my naivity in that it may be due to not reinstalling
from CD. Suggestions, comments?