Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 1997 18:47:23 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp18.tar.gz

There is no easy to get out of the busy state .

You can try out guspnp18 if you like
or grab the bits of code from guspnp18 . the routine in question
is ad1848.c:ad1848_open and gus_wave.c:guswave_open. Don't
worry that portion of the code is pretty straight forward
so if you want to patch it up is okay.

Also, guspnp6 had a problem with handling signals which can
cause a system to "halt".

As for mpeg3 I have an mpeg encoder can't promise you anything
however I am working on it . Should be interesting if I managed
to pull this one off since it will give us low cost high-end
codec from what I recollect mpeg3 is the same quality as
realaudio's high end codec.

	Cheers,
	Amancio