Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:40:46 -0400
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   scsi tape backup

Hi,
I have two scsi cards in my machine.
My adaptec only had my external scanner hooked up to it.
I purchased a scsi internal tape backup and hooked it up to this card also.
Now is where the weirdness starts.

The scanner is id3 and the tape is id4.

If I boot up without the scsi cable hooked to the tape backup the power light
comes on and the tape will go through the bootup process.

If I connect the scsi cable the light will not come on and the tape backup gets
no power.
AS soon as I disconnect the scsi cable from the tape backup the tape light will
come on and it will make noise.

If I let the bootup process continue the scsi card complains that it did not
find termination.

I do not understand this.

Can anyone help.

Thanks