Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:52:34 +0200
From:      "Dave Wilson" <davew@sai.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Wayne@Sai.Co.Za" <wayne@sai.co.za>
Subject:   DNS redundancy & load balancing

Hi guys, howzit going ?

We have a primary & secondary DNS server on our local network.
We need some utility or setup that will automatically allow our secondary
DNS to totally take over from our primary DNS in the event our primary DNS
goes down.

This means effectively that that in the event of a primary DNS failure our
secondary DNS must be able to change it's own IP address to that of the dead
primary DNS server and take over all resolution etc.

I know little about load balancing or clustering so any input would be
appreciated.
Thanks.

Kindest regards
David Wilson