Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:36:59 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@caspian.plutotech.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Subject:   Re: adv panics on boot with chinon cd-rom

>well, I reciently reorganized my scsi devices as I got to new ultra
>drives... so I had to move devices around... previously the buslogic
>pci driver wouldn't have any problems with the chinon cd-rom drives,
>but the advansys pci drive doesn't handle them too well...

>if you hit it to hard...  yes, I do know about the patch that allows
>you to set the tags, but I'm pretty sure it's not compatible with 3.0-R,
>and until I get the cdrom drives up, I'm not going to be upgrading.

But the cdroms don't work with 3.0R's advansys driver, so I don't see
the reason not to upgrade.  3.2R will not panic in the adv driver
as seen below, but without having a Chinon drive here where I can
sniff it with a bus analyzer, it will be somewhat harder for me to
determine why the advansys cards don't like them.

--
Justin