Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:21:11 -0700
From:      "Terry R. Friedrichsen" <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   OSF/1 binaries

I grabbed the OSF/1 version of setiathome, just to see if it would run on
my FreeBSD AlphaStation 255 ... I wasn't really *expecting* it to, but I
see that there is OSF/1 compatibility stuff in FreeBSD/Alpha, so ...

I executed the "osf1" command as root, which apparently succeeded.  Dunno
whether I actually needed to do that or not ...

But trying to run the binary gives

imgact_osf1: can't read /compat/osf1/sbin/loader

and sure enough, this file is not on my system, nor is it on the live file-
system on CD-ROM #2.

How should this file get installed?  Where can I find it?

A direct reply would be appreciated, as I am not subscribed to this list
(too much mail already).  However, if I can find an archive for this list,
I'll look there for replies, too.

Thank you very much for any clues you can toss my way.

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com