Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 16:19:52 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New BT848 driver 0.2

Well, I've fscked my root disk so many times today it went belly-up.  (From
the fixit disk:

     > mount /dev/wd1a /mnt
     /dev/wd1a on /mnt: Incorrect superblock

     > fsck /dev/rwd1a
     Can't open /dev/rwd1a: Invalid argument

     > disklabel wd1
     DIOCGDINFO: Invalid argument

     > fdisk wd1
     ...(correct partition info)...

Having never had disk problems with FreeBSD before, I guess I'll need to
dig in and figure out the safest way to go about diagnosing and repairing
the damage (boot block, disklabel, or something) before I can continue
working with the Bt driver.

All tips welcome.

Randall