Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:44:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying out xfce 4.6 RC1?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> If someone wants to try out xfce 4.6 RC1 here are my patches:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~oliver/xfce/xfce-4.5.99.1.diff
>
> This one needs to be applied below /usr/ports.
>
> With xfce 4.6 there are also 3 new ports. You will find them here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~oliver/xfce/xfce-4.5.99.1.tar.gz
>
> Please extract this tarball also below /usr/ports.
>
> Then deinstall your xfce 4.4 ports, cd into /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4 and
> "make install".

Nifty!  Seems to work on a test system.  The only problem I see is some
missing icons in the panels and menus.  For example, in the panel menu
from the xfce icon, there's no icon for Settings.

Possibly I just had a goofy ports situation on the test system, or maybe
a missing theme.

Looks good otherwise.