Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 99 11:49 +0100
From:      Justin Murdock <justin@csad.coventry.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2 to be given to attendees of USENIX Technical Conference

> Berkeley, California (April 27, 1999)

> USENIX is providing grants to the OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and Debian
> Linux development projects, to support each of them in issuing new
> releases.  These releases will be given free of charge to all 1999 Annual
> Conference technical session registrants. The 1999 Annual Conference takes
> place June 6-11, in Monterey, California. Programs for the tutorial and
> technical sessions, including the FREENIX track, and associated events are
> online. Please go to http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix99

Hmm, another FreeBSD produced to deadline :(

I don't want 2 releases a year, I want 1 release every time FreeBSD is
ready for a new release. Or does FreeBSD require 2 releases a year to
keep Walnut Creek happy?

Will this install and work out of the box. (unlike 3.1)?
I don't want to take another credibility hit - have the high (as I
perceived them) production values of 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 been ditched in
an attempt to be as sexy as Linux?

Justin.