Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2012 21:26:02 -0400
From:      Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        Jason Helfman <jgh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with compiling java programs on FreeBSD from ports
References:  <CAMLunXRmtOza8mHVOoG15w=-ZkssUoyK8Wi-cW-9DbE5drnQZg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMLunXS6YB6Zox2AHf-MNxNQRFa-PNSvTp_%2BF3Ut%2BETdB=FkEA@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOt0aZWOwMeemJ12GmrQtUmsR-J9XXQ%2B-j-JZoNgi9r2KQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAMLunXR4Oux5cDwVcu55CSKKLdiSTtxH%2BkMXUuQybp5uYG8sCw@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOuiH4MighOSb6BjfjBybtFOFTNAKx%2Bt4Ys3BmxLfaKVHA@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2BWntOs%2BL6mgN2T9UY_yvNNrkvfvPo1pynfdtXhCGZ6ydRe9jQ@mail.gmail.com> <20120403061108.GA46679@misty.eyesbeyond.com> <CA%2BWntOunwkTrs5XBVv1S6ZbAGsgYY25iJQEhdxmC6Q1irxh7ng@mail.gmail.com> <20120403151641.GA52490@misty.eyesbeyond.com> <CA%2BWntOus_HgQFPZPm3WBm_RbwJxRQzhfwzpUQ-YuRHo%2BAVq95A@mail.gmail.com> <20120404010534.GG10821@dormouse.experts-exchange.com>

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Jason Helfman <jgh@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 07:46:35PM -0400, Super Bisquit thus spake:
>
>  On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
>> wrote:

>>> able o

>>> as
>>> an

>>> this.
>>> > >

>>> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/**getmsg.cgi?fetch=89377+0+**
>>> archive/2008/freebsd-java/**20080203.freebsd-java<http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=89377+0+archive/2008/freebsd-java/20080203.freebsd-java>;

>>> http://www.eyesbeyond.com

>>> Sparc64-
>>> not
>>> them
>>>
>>> You can't build openjdk from source without a bootstrap JDK.  So,
>>> whatever
>>> machines you have, at least one of them will have to have a compatible
>>> working JDK on it.  You could, for example, install Solaris on the
>>> Sparc64
>>> machine and run a JDK there, but you have to have _something_ with a
>>> running JDK.  Also, since the bootstrap JDK isn't on the same machine
>>> you're
>>> building on you'll have to use the technique described in the post I
>>> sent a
>>> link to above.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
>>> Eyes Beyond                         Web     : http://www.eyesbeyond.com
>>> Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org
>>>
>>>  If Solaris costs money, then I can't finish this porting effort because
>> am poor.
>>

> Have you looked here: http://openindiana.org/
>
> This is a fork of OpenSolaris (free).
>
> -jgh
>
> --
> Jason Helfman         | FreeBSD Committer
> jgh@FreeBSD.org       | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh

Okay.

Jason, it's i386/amd64 only but thanks for the help.
Chris, I don't have any way of burning a DVD right now.
Carlos, interestingly enough, there is a Mach-O to ELF converter but I
believe it is for MacOS i386/amd64 only. I may be wrong about my conclusion
here.
Justin, I need to look at the Makefile because I received the "too many
symbolic links" error even when I did not set the prefix. This is about
JamVM.