Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 1997 11:53:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      A James Lewis <james@vrtx.net>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel stack corruption...aiee...

I have bios 1.21 and am also having problems, continuous SCB retries and
errors on kernels 31 and 32 but only when my scanner is connected

James

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Tanvir Hassan wrote:

> I have a 2940AU with 1.21 bios.  I just got the Slackware 3.3 Linux and when
> I installed it I got constant kernel stack corruption errors.  So I went
> to the web to download other kernels to see if I could get an older more
> stable kernel so I could build a newer kernel.  Well, ALL of them get
> the kernel stack corruption!
>
> I saw in a newsgroup that other people in the aic7xxx linux realm have gotten
> these stack corruptions, so I assume it is a buggy scsi driver.  I noticed
> that there have been several bug fixes (off by 1 memory overwrite, serious
> memory overwrite problems in aic7xxx_proc.c, etc) to the 2.0.32 kernel
> but I cannot build because my kernel has stack corruptions and cannot
> build itself (Help! I've fallen and I can't "make zImage"! :-).
>
> Where can I get a 2.0.32 kernel that might fix my problem?  Or are the
> bug fixes a red herring and I have more serious problems in my computer?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Tanvir

James
Vortex Internet
 20 years ago, people were switching from UNIX to VMS...
 Now, everybody is switching from UNIX to Windows NT...
 Am I the only one who sees what is happening here?