Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:43:39 +0100 (CET)
From:      Charlie ROOT <root@fw.msystem.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getty problem

Hi,

I tried to configure my ttyd1 port as dialin terminal with getty.
I read the manual, and tried the following config:

/etc/gettytab:

m:\
	:ic="" AT\r OK\r:tc=std.38400:

/etc/ttys:

ttyd1	"/usr/libexec/getty m"	dialup on insecure

/etc/rc.serial:

stty </dev/ttyid1 crtscts 38400
stty </dev/ttyld1 crtscts
stty </dev/cuaia1 crtscts 38400
stty </dev/cuala1 crtscts

The getty says after startup: problem init modem on /dev/ttyd1
The device exists, and I can handle the modem with kermit on /dev/ttyd1

I tried the following modems: Microcom DeskPorte FAST+,Microcom 28.8P,
Microcom MicroPorte 4342bis.

Any suggestion?

Geza