Date:      Sun, 05 May 2002 10:05:28 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
Cc:        ARUN G NAIR <virtualarun@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install help plz..

Josh Paetzel wrote:
> On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 06:33:31AM -0700, ARUN G NAIR wrote:
>>Is there any difference btw linux and BSD commands.
>
> Yes and no.  The userland stuff is pretty much the same.  The admin
> stuff can be different in some cases, Linux is more SVR4ish, and BSD
> is, well, BSDish.
>
> Just some quick differences, not at all exhaustive:

I'm going to add the one that seems to be the biggest annoyance to
Linux users who are trying BSD (in my experience)

Linux uses the bash shell by default.  FreeBSD does not install bash by
default.  Adding it during install time is very easy though.  If you're
used to Linux, install bash and make it your shell, you'll find the
environment more familiar.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology