Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 09:47:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Jean Claude Morlier <morlier@calva.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Pb when I run xemacs under FreeBSD 2.1.5

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Jean Claude Morlier wrote:

> I have installed XFree86 from CDRom FreeBSD 2.1.5
> 1) I have a problem when I run xemacs it don't
> start with error msg
>
> ld.so failed: can't find shared library
> "libXm.so.2.0"
>
> 2) When I run xfontsel I have the following
> warning
>
> ld.so: warning: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.6.0 :
> minor version 0 older than expected 1, using it
> anyway.

I had a similar problem, except with libjpeg.so.5.1, et. al.  When I made
symlinks in /usr/lib with the same name as the files, which were actually
located in /usr/local/lib, the problem was fixed.

I'll bet your problem can be fixed by making symlinks where those files
are expected to reside. Do "find / -name libXm.so.2.0" to see where it is,
and then link it to /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.2.0. That might do it.

Good luck!   Ken Marsh