Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:22:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Best way to scale SMTP auth?

	Hi.  Got a slight problem.  I'd like to do an SMTP system that
allows up to 100 users a second to authenticate to the system using the
simplest means possible.  I'd like to use the Pop before SMTP method over
authentication before SMTP.  However from my understanding, it doesn't
scale very well.  So I'm trying to find a way to make this be able to
handle as much traffic as possible without overloading the existing
system.  Thanks.