Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 11:21:08 -0500
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   schg flag on make world in -CURRENT

<<On Sun, 26 Nov 1995 12:13:39 -0800 (PST), -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV> said:

> Hi everyone,
> 	Is there anyway to remotely login to a FreeBSD box and 'su' to root
> to do a make world without having to do noflags schg on all the files
> with that flag on it generated by the last make world in -CURRENT?  Thanks!

Yes.  Don't run your system in secure mode.  This is only about the
fourth time I've told you this.

Look at /sys/kern/kern_sysctl.c for the definition of `securelevel'.
Make sure it's -1.

Now look at everything in /etc and make sure that nothing attempts to
increase it.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.