Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:13:19 +0100
From:      "Daniel C. Dowse" <dcdowse@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd@qeng-ho.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nVidia card manufacturer recommendations

On  Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:00:30 +0000, Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org> wrote:
>On 03/14/12 08:57, Arthur Chance wrote:
>> Somewhere, possibly here, a while back I saw a remark that certain
>> manufacturer's nVidia cards worked reliably with the nVidia supplied
>> drivers and others usually have problems because they tweak nVidia's
>> reference spec. Of course, I didn't bookmark it and neither Google nor
>> searching the last years' worth of the freebsd-questions@ archives has
>> turned it up.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend which manufacturers I should look at and/or which I
>> should avoid? I'm specifically looking at the low end GT520.
>
>I've just realised that I probably should have added "for an amd64 system".

I have a 1024MB Club 3D GeForce GT 520 Low Profile and it works like a charm.
with the drivers in the ports.

cheers

--
Daniel Dowse

	    \\|//
            (o o)
- Der hoechste Genuss besteht in der 				-
- Zufriedenheit mit sich selbst. Jean-Jacques Rousseau		-
- ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail 		-
- /\                        - against microsoft attachments	-
-    Please Dont forget to reply below quoted text section      -