Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:14:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Kachun Lee <kachun@zippo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>, hostmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2-GAMMA ahc crashes

> Do anyone know if 2.2-RELEASE address the above problem? If not, anything we
> could do to help fix problem? Any comment will be greatly appreciated. BTW,
> I tried 970310-GAMMA, it crashed with the ahc error also.

It does not.  Check out:

	ftp://22gamma.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2-970317-GAMMA

NOTE: This release is misnamed as -GAMMA and should really be named
something which signifies it's a post-2.2-release product.  I've fixed
it to roll the releases under the name 2.2-YYMMDD-RELENG, starting
March 18th at 0500 PST.  Anyone fetching one of these "RELENG" snaps
will get Justin's updated 2940 driver bits (as well as other fixes
which are still flowing into the RELENG_2_2 branch).

The machine will still be called "22gamma.freebsd.org" for transition
purposes, though I will also ask our hostmaster to create another
CNAME called "releng22.freebsd.org" pointing at admin1.calweb.com,
since that obviously makes more sense. David, would you do the honors?

					Jordan