Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:35:10 -0500
From:      David Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Yanking Sendmail need something easier to understand

I would like to rid myself of the really difficult to understand sendmail.

Does anyone know of any other program that can do the following:

1) Map local user names to my ISP email address.
	dave@localhost   dleimbac@earthlink.net

2) Work with procmail as a delivery agent. [filters]
3) Relay my outgoing mail to an external SMTP server.

I like the fact that sendmail does all of these things but it is
ridiculously hard to understand what the configuration files mean.

I have the current setup where I have to run a cron job to get
my outgoing mail delivered by doing sendmail -q.

Its really irritating...  If there is a major upgrade to sendmail
I won't be able to re-configure it! :)

I used the install-sendmail Perl script I found on freshmeat.net to
get it configured as it is now...  Unfortunately I have no clue what it
did.

Dave