Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 2010 00:36:22 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Cc:        =?UTF-8?B?RWR3YXJkIFRvbWFzeiBOYXBpZXJhxYJh?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Collective resource limits - final status report

The code has been merged to Edward's hrl and containers work and now
uses containers to usage accounting. The kernel-level support is ready
for basic system calls to deal with jobs and JLIMIT_NUMPROC is
completely ready. Other resource limits have the code to count the usage
through containers but actual usage enforcement is not complete. The
test suite has support for creating a job, adding processes by forking,
starting a shell imprisoned to a job and setting various resource limits
but resource consumption is mostly incomplete. The userland support also
need to be done.

So my current TODO list is the following:
- Complete limit enforcement for all limits
- Complete test suite with resource consumption, so that the limit
enforcement can be tested thoroughly
- Add userland support for various databases so that it can be used just
like in IRIX. Also add support to various utilities, like ps to list
processes inside a specific job.

Soon, I'm leaving to Portugal for a one-year intership and this will
take some preparations and then I'll have to settle down there but once
it's done (around Sep 20-25 as I expect) I'll continue working on this
project.

Gabor