Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:19:07 -0500
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Running tests as a developer prior to commit

In a discussion on -CURRENT from a test failure (Re: Jenkins build is
still unstable: FreeBSD_HEAD-tests2 #740),

On 21 February 2015 at 18:38, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not disguising stderr, here=E2=80=99s what pops up:
>
> $ sudo prove -v pgrep-j_test.sh
> pgrep-j_test.sh ..
> 1..3
> jls: unknown parameter: allow

It's great the automated Jenkins runs caught this error and that it's
now fixed. It'd be even better if we can facilitate simple runs of a
suitable subset of tests prior to a commit. It looks like "make test"
is close, despite the warnings it emits about being experimental. Is
there a path we can take to support it, for at least a common case of
developing and testing on a FreeBSD-CURRENT install?