Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 00:07:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      jtroy@goof.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding Memory to my system

	I have a Pentium 75 with 16 megs of RAM and an EIDE hard drive.
I am considering adding another 16 megs of RAM to my system in an
attempt to increase performance--It seems like my system is always
swapping.  Changing virtual screens in my window manager takes awhile if I
have too many things running and overall system performance slows to a
halt if I run XEmacs and Netscape at the same time.
	Anyway, my question is this: if I add memory to my system, will I
have to change the amount of swap space that I have (I currently have 64 megs
of swap space) and if so, will I have to re-install FreeBSD to do this?

-Jesse Troy
jtroy@vt.edu
http://www.helium.goof.com/~jtroy