Date:      07 May 2001 19:07:48 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, Dennis Glatting <dennis.glatting@software-munitions.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-stable@frebsd.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pgm to kill 4.3 via vm

Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za> writes:
> I think DES was responding to that flame war, rather than to Dennis'
> actual question.

Actually, I was responding to Dennis' incorrect assumptions about
FreeBSD's VM system, as exhibited by his code (which reflects the way
he *thinks* the VM system works), and to the bugginess of his code.

BTW, I was wrong - his code doesn't smash the malloc() arena, because
the termination condition in the if loop guarantees it never makes
more than one iteration.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org