Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:00:03 +0200
From:      "Vitalis" <vitalis@numericable.fr>
To:        <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Failed to open /dev/io with X.Org

Hi,

I've just upgraded my system to -current. I've also uninstalled XFree86 =
and installed X.Org by following the HEADSUP =
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-July/032267.html

Now when I launch startx I get the fatal error:
xf86EnableIO: Failed to open /dev/io for extended I/O

I've checked /dev/io and it does not exist.

I've read it could be caused by my securelevel but it is set to -1.
I've also read that with XFree86 we had to install =
/usr/ports/x11/wrapper for that, but what to do with X.Org?

TIA