Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:29:35 +0100
From:      Patrick Ale <patrick.ale@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Attansic L1 Gigabit discovered on install but no link

Good afternoon,

I tried to install FreeBSD 8.0 about 30 minutes ago and during the
installation I encountered a problem.

My network card is detected but on DHCP Server discoverage I see that
no link is detected and that the driver/dhcp discovery process is
giving up on trying.

I understoodthat the Attansic L1 Gigabit card's support is sort of
problematic due to the 'openness' of the documentation but I'd really
like to know how I can help or what I can do to get this driver
working on my Acer Aspire 8920 laptop. Buying another NIC for this
particular thing is not really an option.

Any suggestion is welcome, my C programming skills are not really to
write home about so I am afraid I can't contribute much on that point
but if you need test dummies or feel like I can help out or if you
need more information, please let me know.

Thank you for your time in advance,

Patrick