Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:54:03 -0200
From:      Leonardo Reginin <leonardo@procergs.rs.gov.br>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   OSPF and ifconfig -alias problem

Hello fellows.

I have a FreeBSD 5.1 ( it's old, I know ) and a Zebra 0.95a version
providing ospf dynamic routing.  Recently I added an IP alias to the
interface where the ospf is acting and everything went OK. When a
removed the IP alias - ifconfig bge0 -alias .... - the server lost all
the routes learned  to that interface.  The interface  did not went
down. I googled a lot and did not find an explanation.

Excuse me if this isn't the most appropriated list to  post my question.

--
Att,

Leonardo Reginin

PROCERGS - Cia.  Processamento   de  Dados  do  Estado   do  RS
DPR/SSR -  Divisão de Produção/Setor de Suporte e Projeto Redes
Fone:  55(xx51)3210-3138