Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 1995 21:09:52 +0100
From:      "Julian Stacey jhs@freebsd.org" <jhs@vector.enet>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   poclient/patches/patch-aa

--------
Hi,
For the guy who was talking about procmail & patches,
(& whose email adr. I have lost)

I offer: /usr/ports/mail/popclient/patches/patch-aa
=======
This patch prepared by Julian Stacey <jhs@FreeBSD.Org>
after some advice from <gj@freebsd.org>

*** config.h	Fri Apr  1 21:09:07 1994
--- config.h	Sun Nov 19 22:53:40 1995
***************
*** 37,50 ****
  /***** Mail Delivery Agent (MDA) definitions  *****/

  /* fully-qualified pathname for the MDA (usually /bin/mail) */
! #define  MDA_PATH	"/bin/mail"

  /* passed as argv[0] to the MDA (usually just the basename of the mailer) */
  #define  MDA_ALIAS	"mail"

  /* MDA command args; $u passes user's login id (usually "-d $u") */
  /* (may be undefined if the mailer doesn't require arguments (?!)) */
! #define  MDA_ARGS	"-d $u"

  /* MDA command arg count -- must be greater than or equal to the number
     of space-delimited arguments defined in MDA_ARGS. */
--- 37,51 ----
  /***** Mail Delivery Agent (MDA) definitions  *****/

  /* fully-qualified pathname for the MDA (usually /bin/mail) */
! #define  MDA_PATH	"/usr/bin/mail"

  /* passed as argv[0] to the MDA (usually just the basename of the mailer) */
  #define  MDA_ALIAS	"mail"

  /* MDA command args; $u passes user's login id (usually "-d $u") */
  /* (may be undefined if the mailer doesn't require arguments (?!)) */
! /* #define  MDA_ARGS	"-d $u"
! 	perhaps -u might be appropriate ?	*/

  /* MDA command arg count -- must be greater than or equal to the number
     of space-delimited arguments defined in MDA_ARGS. */
=======

BTW I agree the above needs review/enhancement, but it's
succesfully dloading all my mail,
BUT I do it via a
	cd $HOME
	MBOX=mbox.`date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M`
	popclient -3 -v -p -o $MBOX my.drop.host
	cat $MBOX >> /var/mail/jhs
	rm $MBOX
	echo Starting $HOME/bin/procmail.sh
I havent got the direct pipe/append whatever working <shrug> :-)

Regards, Julian

Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/