Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:44:42 +0700 (NOVST)
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <shelton@sentry.granch.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel fault - fatal trap 12

Kernel fault - fatal trap 12 when I configure kernel with "options IPX", but WITHOUT "options
NCP" and "options NWFS". Immediately after message "Hit [Enter] to load kernel, or wait 9
seconds..." I see bright white messages "Kernel trap...Reboot...BANZAI!". When I recompile kernel
WITH "options NCP" and "options NWFS" all ok.

I suggest NCP and NWFS are a NetWare userland components to mount at FreeBSD box NetWare volumes
and IPX is a NetWare server component to be able to route IPX. I wrong somewhere? If I have server,
which should be a IPX router, but didn't mount NW volumes, why I mess kernel with NCP and NWFS?
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Brainbench ID: 28514