Date:      30 Jun 99 03:03:55 PDT
From:      Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: [FreeBSD Man Pages]]

Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 02:28:16AM -0700, Jesus Monroy wrote:
> > Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de> wrote:
> > > =

> > > To my mind *one* of the points where FreeBSD is really good are
> > > the man
> > > pages. I don't have a proposal how to use this fact for promoting =

> > > FreeBSD,
> > > but my intention is to mention that strength of FreeBSD here.
> > > =

> >     Very incorrect. Just a few days ago I show that 15%
> >     of the online whatis(1) and man(1) records where
> >     incorrect.
> =

> For one definition of "incorrect". What you showed does not detract
> from the point that Konrad is making.
> =

> =

    Wait a minute. Where is this arrogant attitude coming from!
    The results plainly should wrong pages index, bad references
    and missing descriptions.
  =

    Please explain your idea (or definition of "correct").
    (Please note I know where all the IEEE papers are on
     correct. So think this through before you popoff.)

---
"I'd rather pay for my freedom than live in a bitmapped, =

pop-up-happy dungeon like NT."
http://www.performancecomputing.com/features/9809of1.shtml