Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:49:03 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.cc>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   evolution & sigreturn: eflags = 0x246

Hi,

I decided to give Evolution a try.  It seems that with large mail
folder (via Maildir or IMAP), the mail component dies (signal 6).  I
notice the following:

  Dec  7 09:24:56 madman /kernel: sigreturn: eflags = 0x246
  Dec  7 09:24:56 madman /kernel: pid 56881 (evolution-mail), uid 1001: exited on signal 6

The sigreturn message is generated inside of `sigreturn', around
line 947 on sys./i386/i386/machdep.c (in 4.4-RELEASE).  This code is
unfamiliar to me, but I suspect that there is a bug in Evolution's
signal handling that is causing corruption of the signal context.  I
thought I'd ask for a second opinion before trying to track it down.

Has anyone else seen this with Evolution, or something similar with
another application?

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                     http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME           .      FreeBSD UNIX      .        Heimdal Kerberos