Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:55:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      oliver.fromme@heim3.tu-clausthal.de (Oliver Fromme)
To:        n9ogk@juno.com (Jack W Doyle)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Photo manipulation SW

n9ogk@juno.com (Jack W Doyle) wrote:
 > Well, I'd like to pick it up, but all I have is text-only email.  No
 > internet access, but if there _is_ a way to send to a site via email and
 > have it uue the file and divide the uue'd file into floppy-disk size
 > chunks so I can move it from the Lose95 side to FreeBSD side and
 > reassemble the chunks, then great -- I would really appreciate this.

You can use "ftpmail".  I don't know whether cdrom.com provides
a service like this, but you can also use the ftpmailer at
dec.com.  To receive the files for gimp, just send email to
   ftpmail@decwrl.dec.com
with the following lines in the message body:

   reply n9ogk@juno.com
   connect ftp.freebsd.org
   binary
   uuencode
   chunksize 100000
   chdir /pub/FreeBSD
   get distfiles/gimp-0.99.9.tar.gz
   get distfiles/gimp-data-0.99.9.tar.gz
   get ports-current/graphics/gimp-devel.tar
   quit

It will then mail you the requested files in chunks of 100 Kb
each.  Unfortunately 100 Kb is the maximum chunk size.  If you
prefer precompiled binaries for 3.0-current, tell it to

   get packages-current/All/gimp-0.99.9.tgz

instead.  To receive more information about the ftpmailer,
just send the word "help" in the message body.

Hope this helps.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18-61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany