Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 13:25:53 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   latest bt848 code

Hi,

I had to give my bt848 development machine back to a "real job", so I won't
be able to work on it for awhile.  I placed snapshots of the latest
driver and xtvremote code that uses the new ioctls on the web page:

http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/files/bt848.tar.gz
http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/files/xtvr.tar.gz

This code has NOT been checked in on freefall yet.

Note that the driver has the ioctls for separate U and V control.
ioctl_bt848.h has #defines for declaring the ranges, etc. of each control.
The current model allows for complete raw control of bright/hue/contrast/
satu/satv, using the native data formats of each according to the brooktree
databook.  The app writer then uses the #defines in ioctl_bt848.h to
convert his LOGICAL world to the driver model.  look at the "bumpxxx"
routines in xtvremote.cc for examples.  This isn't quite what we want, but
extending the model in the directions we have discussed will require
a pow-wow with the meteor driver writers, etc. so that we can develop
a logical API that everyone is happy with.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by